Thursday, October 15, 2009
A QUICK NOTE TUTORIAL 54
DATE WRITTEN: Oct 15, 2009
PAINTSHOP PRO X2 OR SIMILAR PROGRAM. My tutorials can be adapted to other versions some settings may vary slightly.
You must have a good working knowledge of the programs I use.
TUBE: P.Ann’s Posers FTU HERE (some download others right click to save)
KIT: Monica Simply Sensational TS FTU Antique Beauty HERE
PLUGINS: Xero Radiance
If you choose a different kit re-sizing may change.
The Following steps must be done but I will not repeat them each time.
We will use same drop shadow unless I state otherwise.
Always Close original image after you copy unless stated otherwise.
Always sharpen re-sized items one time.
Open your tube minimize for now.
1. Open a new transparent image 700X600 Selections/select all. Select Paper 13 from the kit edit/copy Edit/paste into selection. Selections/select none
2. Layers/new raster layer, Selections/select all. Select Paper 20 from the kit edit/copy Edit/paste into selection. Selections/select none Re-size this layer 95%. Effects/3D/drop shadow
Vertical and horizontal 2
Shadow on new layer not checked
Apply drop shadow again but change Vertical and horizontal to -2
3. Select Frame Element 5 from the Kit Edit/copy, Edit/paste as new layer into your image. Do not re-size. Apply Drop shadow change vertical and horizontal back to 2.
4. With your magic wand (settings below) click inside the frame window. Selections/modify Expand 8. Keep selection selected.
5. Add a New Raster layer under frame Layer. Select Paper 13 from the kit
edit/copy Edit/paste into selection. Selections/select none
6. Select your Tube Edit/copy, Edit/paste as new layer into your image below your frame. Re-size if needed, I re-sized my tube 50%. Arrange inside your frame window. Apply same drop shadow.
7. Close off the two bottom layers in your layers palette right click on any layer merge/merge visible. Open all layers back up.
8. Select Lillies2 from the kit Edit/copy, Edit/paste as new layer into your image. Arrange it on the Right side of your frame. Do not re-size. Duplicate it one time. Image/mirror the duplicate copy.
9. Select bow wrap4 from the kit Edit/copy, Edit/paste as new layer into your image. Re-size it 75%. Image/mirror Move it to the bottom of your frame. Apply same drop shadow.
10. Select the Journal 2 from the kit Edit/copy, Edit/paste as new layer into your image. Re-size it 70% Move it to the right bottom corner of your image. Apply same drop shadow.
11. Select your dropper tool Left Click/foreground color, right click/background color. Choose the same dark color from your image for both.
12. Select your text tool. Settings below. Type out “A Quick Note“, size with your nodes Placing it on the Top Right corner . Then Type out From and Your Name size it with the notes place this on your journal. Apply Same drop shadow to both. Fonts I used Aridi08 and Isadora Lt Regular. Apply Same drop Shadow
13. Apply your watermark and copyrights. In layers palette right click merge/merge visible. Re-size image so that your height is 425 width will adjust.
14. Select broach2 from the kit Edit/copy, Edit/paste as new layer into your image. Re-size it 30%. Apply Same Drop shadow. Place on the top right corner of the frame. Duplicate it 2 times and arrange them on the left corners of the frame.
15.Close your bottom merged Layer. In layers palette right click any broach layer merge/merge visible. At this point you should have two merged layers
1. Duplicate your merged broach layer 1 Time.
2. Click on your Top Broach layer (copy of merged) Effects/Plugins/Xero Radiance apply settings below. Close of this layer by clicking the eye in layers palette.
3. Click on Bottom Broach Layer Apply the Xero Radiance again settings below.
4. Edit/copy Merged Paste into Animation Shop as new animation by right clicking anywhere in the window.
5. Close the Bottom Broach Layer Open your Top Broach Layer Edit/copy merged. Back in Animation Shop right click the first frame Paste/paste after current frame.
6. Save your image.
1. Open new transparent image. 1280x300. Select paper 20 from the kit In your foreground color select the paper under the patterns tab on your material palette. Flood fill your image
2, Effects/Image Effects Seamless Tiling settings below.
3. Open flower swirl1 Edit/copy, Edit/paste as new layer into your image. Re-size it 50%
Image/Free rotate 45 right
Uncheck the following boxes
Rotate all layers
Rotate single layer around canvas
Move to the left border of your image and apply same drop shadow.
4. Right click in your layers palette merge/merge visible.
Save your Image in the folder you made, by going to File/Export/Jpeg Optimizer Value set at 30